Woohoo for summer break! This week was the only week I didn’t have a hundred scheduled school related meetings so I took full advantage of it! I got so much accomplished! Here’s just a snapshot of all the awesomeness I’ve been up to this week:
1) I spent memorial day with the hubby’s fam in the pool! The children even let me float for about 20 minutes before “Aunt Amanda throw me” started : ) I think I’ve acquired more of a tan right now then I did the entire summer last year.
2) My hubby’s birthday is coming up next month and I’m throwing him a rather exciting birthday party. He doesn’t want to know anything about it, so I can’t divulge too much ahead of time, but I did manage to get to some crafting done this week in preparation for the big event. I made my own chalkboard paint and crafted these mini menu boards to put out by all the food at the party.
3) Wednesday my mother-in-law and I went to the church to volunteer a little and have lunch with our friend Angela. She took us to this neat little place called the Cottage Cafe . They had this amazing vanilla bean lemonade. It was phenomenal!
4) On the way home from the church, we stopped at some nurseries and I rounded up all the plants I was searching for to use in my containers. (I may or may not be using them as decor for the hub’s party : ) I wanted red geranium, white petunia, and sweet potato vine. I got them all split and mixed together, now grow babies grow!
5) Last peak into my week… Drum roll please… This is very exciting…
my kitchen floor! What, you’re not impressed? No really though, I spent Thursday scrubbing this thing. I mop it (ok my housekeeper mops it) at least every two weeks but it just never looked clean to me. It’s that kind of tile with all the pits and grooves in it so dirt just kind of settled and never came out. Until now haha! I actually used that Kaboom bathroom cleaner on it. You know the kind that sprays purple and then turns white when it’s done cleaning? Magic stuff here I tell you. I sprayed it on, let it do its thing and then wiped it down with a sponge. I got a little carried away with the spraying and had to rinse my sponge quite frequently, but it was worth it!
So there’s my week in a nutshell. I’m super excited about the weekend and all it’s activities but I’ll have to tell you about that later!
Have a great weekend!
Linking up with Lauren again this week.
High Five for Friday!